Monday 5 May 2014

MOTHER'S LOVE! -This Mother Desperately Rescued Her 9 Month Old Baby From The Hands Of Kidnappers!


There is nothing that can be likened to a mother's love, the kind of love that gives all, risks all, even lay down her life for a child.
Such was the kind of love displayed by Mrs Priscilla Ekpenyong, when she risked everything and fought with the last drop of blood in her veins just to rescue her 9month old baby from the hands of kidnappers by clinginging to a moving vehicle.

This incident occurred on Friday along the Eburutu Army Barracks along the busy Murtala Mohammed Highway in Calabar, the Cross River State capital. According to how she narrated the story,
She said “I entered a taxi at Pyramid Hotel Bus Stop on a journey to my village, Idoma, in the Biase Local Government Area. Another lady was also in the vehicle with her son, but when we got to the Army Barracks junction, two men joined us. We thought they were passengers, but as soon as they got in, they started dragging our babies with us.

I was sitting in the front with the driver, while the other woman was sitting at the back with her baby too. The two men sat at the back and while one of them was dragging the other woman’s baby (a boy), the other man was also dragging my daughter. The luck I had was that I strapped my baby in a tummy-carrier and the man struggled to remove the baby inside the carrier. He succeeded in removing my baby’s hand from the carrier and she started crying. He almost pulled my baby’s hand off, so I shouted for help. He then pushed me out of the vehicle, but I held on to my baby.

The vehicle dragged me on the road from the Army Barracks junction to Sampet Filling Station, a distance of about 500 metres, before some security agents intervened. They caught the man who was trying to snatch my baby and took him to the Federal Housing Police Station. I don’t know where the others went.” The state Police Public Relations Officer confirmed this incidence and he said a suspect was arrested while the accomplice and the cab driver escaped.However, both Priscilla and her baby are receiving treatments for the bruises sustained during the incident at the Police Clinic in Calabar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Mind::

Name

Email *

Message *