Sunday 15 June 2014

'I Could Have Fought Harder Before Giving Up On Don Jazzy And Mo'Hits' - D'Banj


Banga Lee himself, Dapo Banjo popularly known as D'banj has come out to set the records straight once more during a recent interview with a tabloid; Showtime Celebrity, on his relationship with Genevieve Nnaji, Don Jazzy and the whole former Mo'hits clan.

Hear him...

“There have been so many rumours about so many things. I don’t like to talk about my personal relationship again because people always misunderstand me. But rumours must always be rumours. Honestly, I’m not dating Genevieve. Let me clear the air now. I never had a crush on her!”

On relationship with Don Jazzy

 “One major mistake I made was not doing something differently in the past, considering all that happened between me and my ex-business partner, Don Jazzy. This is because we never really had issues. I believe, people that fueled the problem. May be, I should have fought more for what I brought up.

I personally found and signed everybody that belonged to the one time popular record label, ‘Mo Hits Records’ consisting of major artistes such as Wande Coal, Dr. Sid, Prince, K-Switch and co-partnered with Don Jazzy. I recall one time when he told me that he wanted us to go our separate ways. I also remember asking him to give me about six months to fashion out modalities for the separation.

May be, I should have requested for one year. But like I sang in one of my songs “Top of the World”, I have no regrets parting ways with him. However, I should have tried harder, which I did. But in all honesty, I’m grateful to Almighty God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Your Mind::

Name

Email *

Message *